Freshman Internships Jobs: This article explores the future of the job market for college students. It talks about what will be needed to succeed in internships, and how to prepare oneself for a successful career in the real world.
Freshman Internships Jobs Details:
- Country: USA, Canada
- Eligible Countries: Foreigners
- Category: Internships
Product Manager Intern (Summer for 2023)
Electronic Arts is a leading interactive entertainment company. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world and are powered by innovative technology. Our people inspire us and the world to play, which is why our core values of Community, Innovation, Respect, and Empathy inspire us every day. Having people with diverse skill sets is important to EA because it provides them with a range of ideas and different perspectives. They help them be more adaptable and creative when developing games.
Electronic Arts is looking for top-performing students to join their world-class internship experience. Our interns will be able to enjoy summer 2023 and all of the perks that come with it. This is due to our plans for on-site orientation week and hybrid internship opportunities. For more information on our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates.
What you’ll do:
You will be reporting to the Product Management Director of People Experience Technology in IT and your job description states that you’ll be helping develop new products and prepare our organization for future workforce partnering with HR, game teams, and other important business groups will help you identify impactful opportunities and work with the delivery team to make it into a reality.
The Value of Freshman Internships:
For college students, freshmen internships provide many advantages and benefits. Here are some significant details emphasizing the benefit of internships for freshmen:
- Freshman internships give college students the chance to explore several sectors and career choices early on. They give students the chance to experience different work settings firsthand, assisting them in making educated judgments regarding their academic and career choices.
- Skills Development: Internships assist students in acquiring and honing vital abilities that are in great demand in the workplace. Interns acquire practical experience and develop these skills, making them more valuable to potential employers. These skills include communication and teamwork as well as problem-solving and time management.
- Opportunities for networking: Freshman internships give students the ability to start developing their professional networks as soon as they enroll in college. Interns have the chance to network with experts in their chosen industry, mentors, and other interns. These contacts may provide useful information, potential career leads, and references.
- Internships give students the opportunity to apply what they have learned in the classroom to real-world scenarios. By bridging the gap between theory and practice, this practical application aids students’ grasp of topics and improves their academic achievement.
- Adding a first-year internship to a résumé shows ambition, motivation, and a proactive attitude toward professional advancement. It distinguishes students from other candidates for employment by demonstrating their dedication to professional development and their early readiness to take on challenges.
- Freshman internships offer a setting for personal development and self-discovery. They also promote self-assurance. Interns acquire self-confidence, a stronger sense of identity, and a better awareness of their skills and areas for improvement by going outside of their comfort zones and navigating new work contexts.
- Competitive Advantage: As a freshman, taking part in internships gives students a leg up in the employment market. It sets them apart from their peers by showcasing their dedication to professional growth, their capacity to apply what they learn in the classroom to real-world situations, and their readiness to take on responsibilities at an early point of their academic careers.
- Industry Perspectives: Freshman internships give students a behind-the-scenes look at particular sectors. They acquire a first-hand understanding of market trends, practices, and difficulties that can guide their academic and professional decisions. This knowledge enables individuals to match their interests and skills with the demands of the sector, positioning them for success in the future.
In conclusion, first-year internships offer priceless chances for networking, skill improvement, career discovery, and personal development. They help students get a head start on developing a professional identity, improve their employability, and put them in a good position to succeed in their future academic and career endeavors.
Freshman internships have a strong positive impact on college students’ skill development. Here are some significant points emphasizing the aspect of these internships that develops skills:
- Freshman internships give students the chance to develop and improve technical abilities that are related to their area of interest. They receive hands-on experience using products, software, hardware, or processes that are specialized to their business, which can be helpful in future jobs and career pathways.
- Effective communication with coworkers, managers, and clients is essential for internships. Interns improve their oral and written communication abilities through frequent engagement and teamwork, including active listening, concept articulation, sending appropriate emails, and giving presentations.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Working in a team or with coworkers on projects and tasks is a common aspect of internships. Interns who actively participate in team activities develop their communication, responsibility-sharing, and contribution skills. They learn how to work well in a variety of organizations and develop interpersonal, conflict resolution, and teamwork skills.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Freshman internships expose interns to real-world difficulties and issues that must be resolved. They acquire the skills of situational analysis, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving. Interns develop their adaptability and problem-solving skills, which will help them deal with complicated problems in their future employment.
- Time management and organization are key to a successful internship. Interns must prioritize their work, prioritize their time, and fulfill deadlines. Interns gain skills in time management, planning, and effectively arranging their workload by balancing a variety of tasks and projects.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Internships expose students to vibrant workplaces where they must adjust to shifting conditions and unforeseen difficulties. In order to adapt to new tasks, rearranged priorities, or unforeseen circumstances, they learn to be adaptable, open-minded, and resilient. In a professional environment that is continually changing, adaptability is an important talent.
- Freshman internships provide you the chance to learn about and put your work ethic and professional manners into practice. The value of being on time, adhering to professional standards, maintaining confidentiality, and being positive are lessons interns learn. They gain knowledge of professional standards, the importance of accountability, and workplace norms.
- Leadership and initiative: Some internships for first-year students give interns the chance to assume leadership positions or exhibit initiative. Interns develop leadership qualities, decision-making skills, and a sense of ownership in their job by actively seeking out duties, making suggestions, and taking responsibility of projects.
Students have the ability to gain a variety of skills that are highly appreciated by companies by participating in a freshman internship. These abilities not only increase their employability but also help them grow personally, gain confidence, and get ready to succeed in their chosen careers.
You will create a product line vision, goals, & roadmap based on solving the customer’s biggest problems.
- There are two critical components involved when doing user research for a new product or app – understanding the consumer and their pain points. The “why” is important in order to do this.
- Determine product strategy that is in line with EA’s complex business ecosystem and aligns with organizational priorities.
You’ll need to decide which skillset and approach will be most effective for your business.
- Talk through how you want your process and user narratives to be related and clearly define each step of the user experience.
- Partner with engineering, UX, and external vendors to ask them about how they would assess build vs. buy options, based on what defines a simple & scalable solution with a reasonable time to value.
- Make sure you communicate trade-offs and fit-gap analysis to your team – this can help you determine some important product decisions & avoid miscommunication while setting partner expectations.
- Sourcing & performance management, learning management, total rewards
We are committed to delivering our best work, according to the project’s needs.
- Prototypes, hands-on testing, and iterations are great ways to refine your product requirements. They are also a good way to bridge customer desires with the technical realities of your business.
- If you need to cut over to a new product release, have a feature developed, or have old data migrated into the new system, we can help with that.
- You use a sprint plan to manage your business’s project timelines so that you don’t outrun your resources.
You will identify changes and help products adapt so consumers are provided with the best possible product.
- Collaborate with partner groups on the process, people & policy changes to enhance product changes
- It’s important to diffuse new features into broader knowledge, find ways for your consumers to engage and network with one another, and ensure that training sessions are available for all those who need them. You can build awareness, excitement & knowledge of said features through the aforementioned communications & training material creation.
- Solicit feedback and analyze data to constantly improve your product and approach
- Pursuing a Bachelors’s or Graduate degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, or a related field is an excellent way to build a career that requires advanced knowledge. Graduating after the summer of 2023 will allow you to do just that!
- Analyze complex customer and business problems
- Analyze data, take informed action
- Present your work to core team members, stakeholders, and executives.
What’s in it for you…
- An internship focused to help you get better at Product Management. The more experience you learn and the more skills you can hone, the more competitive your future may be. An intern could also play an important role in getting a leg up on other students who are looking for similar positions in your industry.
- Benefits for using game credits throughout the EA family of products.
- EA intern networking opportunities to meet other ambitious product and gaming professionals ask that throughout your 12-week internship, you have the legal right to work within the US full-time. This position does not offer visa sponsorship.
US REWARDS AND COMPENSATION
The basic pay ranges provided below are for the states’ designated geographic market pay zones. If you live somewhere else, a recruiter can provide you with information on benefits and base pay in that area.
As of the posting date, EA has provided the hourly salary ranges that it honestly anticipates paying candidates for this position in the indicated locations. The salary offered will be based on a variety of important business and candidate factors, such as the type of degree you have (such as a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD), where you are in your academic career (such as a freshman or sophomore), your qualifications, certifications, experience, and skills, your location, and the needs of the company or organization.
AVERAGE HOURLY PAY
Colorado (depending on the place, e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs): $20 – $24 California (depending on location, e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): $23 – $38
Washington (depending on location, e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane): o $23 – $32 New York (depending on location, e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo): o $27 – $38
$27 to $38 in Jersey City, New Jersey
The hourly rate is only one component of EA’s overall compensation. We also provide a variety of benefits, including 16 paid company holidays annually, 80 hours of sick leave per year (prorated based on scheduled hours per week if less than full-time), medical insurance, and 401(k) plans (k).
- Organization Details:
We are here to encourage play across the globe. We provide new opportunities for millions of gamers across the world to experience the worlds of interactive entertainment through cutting-edge technology and immersive storytelling. The variety of our workforce, which combines creativity, innovation, and passion, is our greatest asset. We fervently support an inclusive culture and give our teams the tools they need to develop professionally and enjoy the most fulfilling work of their lives.
- We prioritize our employees and ensure their care both within and outside of the workplace. We want to give our teams dynamic, collaborative, and flexible work environments as we consider the lessons we’ve learned and the benefits we’ve experienced from working remotely. Through our Employee Resource Groups, which actively participate in guiding company choices at every stage, our employees connect. We encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off, new parent leaves, free video games, fitness reimbursement, and more, but our support goes beyond the office.
- For all of our employees, it is our mission to establish a secure, civil, and motivating work environment. Through our programs for diversity, equity, inclusion, and social responsibility, we’re working to create spaces where everyone can be authentic while also giving back to the community. We’re searching for individuals who can make a difference and build on our success—problem solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, and doers. We aren’t simply keeping up with the pace of our industry; we’re also staying one step ahead.
Employer diversity is a priority for Electronic Arts. All hiring decisions are made without taking into account any legally protected characteristics, including race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic. As required by applicable law, Electronic Arts also provide qualifying people with disabilities with employment accommodations. Dear candidates kindly submit your resume via the official website link here.